About the KRC
Formation of the Club
The Kelowna "Goats" were originally founded in 1975 by Al Barry, Max and Jan Grace, Jack Farrell and Mike Whitaker. This first Kelowna running club organized a fitness run in 1976 that enticed 1000 entrants. In the winter of 78/79, the Goats joined with an upstart group called the Kelowna Sun Runners to continue as the Kelowna Running Club.
Constitution of the Club
1. The name of the Society is Kelowna Running Club.
2. The purposes of the Society are:
- To promote competitive and recreational running for all levels of ability and for all distances.
- To train, coach and educate the public in techniques of running, running schedules and in matters relating to the health of runners.
- To organize educational courses for runners.
- To organize and promote recreational runs and competitive races at all distances in the Kelowna region.
- To form teams of all ages, classes and abilities to enter into competitive races and recreational races.
- To produce a newsletter and other educational material concerning athletics to be distributed amongst members of the Society and others.
- To organize social functions for runners in the Kelowna area.
- To do everything incidental and necessary to promote and attain the foregoing purposes throughout the Kelowna region.
President: RJ Dueck
Secretary: Brian Rourke
Treasurer: Sandra Wike
Membership: Lise MacMillan
Administration: Judith Kaplan
Member at Large: Paul Caldwell, Rob Ewanuk, Sean MacMillan, Cindy Rhodes, Henry Tessman